- Lifepoints: Famed MySurvey just rebranded to LifePoints. Take paid surveys anytime and anywhere via PC or Mobile App. Paid its members over $32 Million so far! Join LifePoints Now
- Opinion Outpost: One of the few faithful and honest survey panels pays cash and gift cards for your opinion. No hidden fees and completely free! Join Opinion Outpost Now
- InboxDollars: Has so far paid its members over $40 Million. Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Join InboxDollars Now and Get Free $5
- SurveyJunkie: Make $5-$25 in your spare time from home to take online surveys, participating in a Focus Groups and trying new products. Join SurveyJunkie Now
- SwagBucks: Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more to earn real money. Join Swagbucks Now to Get $5 Free
- Toluna Opinions: Earn $1-$5 each time you qualify and take surveys. Test products for free and share your opinions! Join Toluna Opinions Now
- Pinecone Research: A leading name in online panels guarantees $3 cash for every survey you complete! No hidden fees and completely free! Join Pinecone Research Now
For the past few weeks, I have been using an application called CloudCrowd which uses Facebook as its interface. Its objective is to take work that companies give them and break it down into smaller bits of projects which are then sent to the crowd with specific instructions for completion. It is the very essence of crowd sourcing. As I have been using it in a fairly limited capacity – I have found my niche in website categorization – I am going to give a quick overview of what I like and what I haven’t liked so far about this particular company.
Items that I have disliked:
1. Your work is approved or rejected by peers there doesn’t appear to be a vetting process. I have been able to approve or reject work once I hit 35 credibility points. If your work gets rejected you do not get paid whether it was a huge editing job or a .02 web site general service sort.
2. I like doing the review work but after a little digging, I found that there are simultaneous reviews going on. If you reject work but two other people accept it, you do not get paid because your rejection is overridden.
3. You only get 8 appeals per month. I maxed that out in the first few days.
4. While I have been enjoying detailed website categorization, some of the sites can take up to two minutes to view their menu or services because of links or PDF’s. For that particular job, you get paid .07. (I don’t know about you but my time is worth more than 2.10 per hour if you were to work on it an hour straight) Most web sites take less than 1 minute but if it offers many services, I find myself constantly clicking back and forth between the application and the website. If you miss an offered service, your work is rejected.
5. There are a ton of people in their forum that say more bad than good about the peer review process. Cloudcrowd has a pat answer that states that they cannot keep all the bad apples out of the mix. Without a better appeals process, including more appeals, Cloudcrowd is limiting themselves on generating any kind of accurate feedback on the reviewers.
6. Cloudcrowd requires you to disable secure browsing. Don’t forget to turn it back on when you are done and run Adaware (free download) every couple of days. I get 40 hits on spyware every time I run the software and I notice a definite slowdown in my internet speed after a couple of days.
7. Credibility points, the adding and subtracting of them seems to be so willy nilly. It might take me 30 categorizations to get from 35 to 50 but it only takes 3 rejections to go from 50 to 35 or even lower. The company can choose to deactivate your account if your credibility goes below 30.
After all that, there are several things that I DO like about CloudCrowd
1. It is crowdsourcing at its finest. Akin to the likes of ChaCha and even Swagbucks, you get paid for “work” that other people do.
2. There is a variety of work for all types of skills from marketing writing, to editing, and what I like doing, web site categorization. There is even translation work available. They have a “test” that you can take to do several of those pieces (their vetting process) only an English proficiency test was needed to do the categorization.
3. You get paid the NEXT DAY for all work approved by 10 pm PST. They do this via paypal. So, unlike many of the sites that I have tried to use, there is no minimum payout. You can roll that money into your bank account or use it to shop online.
4. It appears that there are many tasks that you can do is a very short period of time. For instance, website categorization is something you can do in less than 30 seconds if your internet speed is fast enough. You get paid .02 for each approved categorization. Again, we are not talking mega dollars here but it is a little something extra… maybe to do between phone calls or to help pay for Johnny’s baseball glove. You can exit the task at any time and return at any time. After one or 10 it doesn’t seem to matter.
5. They do give opportunities to correct rejected work. You do not get paid the same amount to correct it but it is better than nothing for your time.
Pinecone Research, a leading name in online survey panel honesty, absolutely guarantees $3 cash for every survey you complete!
Take advantage of their time limited New Membership drive and register NOW. Join today: 100% free!
6. The appeals process has been fairly quick and reasonably fair for those reviews that you are able to squeeze in.
Overall, I would give CloudCrowd a six out of ten.
Low pay and poor peer review process is a definite deterrent but a little extra cash and immediate pay for your work seem to make it worth a few minutes of my time each day.
Visit CloudCrowd to learn more.
- An Honest Review of ReviewStream.com
- A Review of ConnectandSell
- Skyword- Write for a Variety of Leading Businesses and Sites
- A Review of Squidoo
- A Review of Transcription for Everyone (TFE): Is TFE Legitimate?
Easy Extra Cash! Join the famed Nielsen Computer and Mobile Panel site, install the app and earn rewards just for using the Internet as you do today! Nielsen gives away $10,000 each month.
Guaranteed 100% free membership.