How I Earn $20 an Hour with Demand Media TQA
Updated on: by Amy Kennedy
My primary way of making money from home is as a Title Quality Assurance agent for Demand Media. If you have been following faithfully then you are well aware of the titling roles. However, if you are not, then be sure to catch up by skimming over my explanation in a previous post, Demand Media Titling 123.
Need Easy Extra $350+/Month For Free?
- SwagBucks: Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more to earn real money. Earn up to $35 per survey! No hidden fees and completely free. Join Swagbucks Now to Get $5 Free
- InboxDollars: Has so far paid its members over $40 Million. Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Join InboxDollars Now and Get Free $5
- SurveyJunkie: Make $5-$25 in your spare time from home to take online surveys, participating in a Focus Groups and trying new products. Join SurveyJunkie Now
- Branded Surveys: Complete online surveys. Collect points. Redeem your points for cash & gift cards. No hidden fees and completely free! Has so far paid its members over $18 Million. Join Branded Surveys Now
By now we are all aware that there are multiple roles in the titling department with Demand Media. Many people would agree with me that the favored role is in TQA. This is because many find their average hourly wage to be higher than any of the other roles. However, after all the hype, many new to the TQA role have become disappointed and wondering how they could ever possibly make as much money as people like me are claiming.
I am frequently asked how I make over $20 an hour with TQA. I have spent some time really analyzing how I do it and I feel ready to share with you some simple tips.
These may seem like minor things, but when you put them to action, you will see your hourly average increase.
First we must accept a reality. Speed is key. You must read the title on your screen and then make a decision to approve as is, send to TE to be edited or reject as an unusable title- all within an average of 3.6 seconds to earn $20 an hour. Now stop and count out 3 seconds to yourself to get a true feel of how long you have. Seriously, you gotta do it.
So how can you make decisions that fast, especially when you have to Google search several titles? Well, that means many of these decisions must be made even faster to make up the time you spend searching! It also means you need to understand the guidelines inside and out. You need to get into the mindframe of a Demand Media Titler!
- Read the newest posts in the forums daily.
- Brief yourself with the guidelines given to you regularly.
- Read over the sample Erick posts for you in the Titling Resources.
- Study the role of TQA and become an expert of your job!
This is the primary and only way to make good money in TQA at Demand Media!
- Stop Googling everything! When I started I was googling and double checking myself. This is all very good and a great way to learn, but at some point you need to accept that you know what you are doing and stop over analyzing! If you already know that one part of a title needs edited, then there is no point in Googling to see if something is misspelled. You must know when to just move on.
- Check you have the proper screen size. Not something you have thought much about right? You can easily adjust the size of your screen by holding down the control button and either scrolling in and out with your mouse or using the up and down arrow keys. Controlling the size of your screen to a size that is easy on your eyes will help shave seconds off your reading time. I find if my screen is too big then my eyes feel attacked and I have a hard time reading the titles.
- Are you using the arrow keys? This is a common mistake many new to the TQA role do. They do not realize how much time they waste using their mouse! Use those arrow keys and only use the up and side to side arrows. If you use the down arrow, the screen will shift and your fingers will become very sore very quick. Every second counts and a gimp finger will hold you back (that made me laugh out loud).
- How are you Googling? There are many apps available for you to use. I have not downloaded any of them and tried them out because what is working for me is simply highlighting the word or phrase (you can double-click the entire title to highlight as well) and right clicking to find “search on Google”- a new screen pops up, I don’t waste any time reading through articles. I only read the headlines and can get a general answer for what I need to know within a second or two. Remember- every second counts! You are not being paid to sit and browse the web. Get back on track right away!
- Focus on your job! Taking your job at TQA seriously and letting go of distractions is essential if you want to make good money. You get what you put into it and until you dedicate yourself to it- you are not going to make a good living from it. Close ALL of your other screens. Save your Facebook time as your goal. I tell myself I cannot check Facebook or email until I make $10. But I have an hourly goal of $20, so that helps me get back to work after my break. This is how I do it, but everyone has their own way that works for them.
- Use keyboard shortcuts for quick navigation: I’ve found that using keyboard shortcuts can significantly speed up my workflow. Instead of relying solely on the mouse, I use keyboard shortcuts to navigate through the titles. For example, I use the Tab key to move between fields and the Enter key to submit my edits. This saves me time and reduces the strain on my fingers.
- Set specific goals and deadlines: To stay focused and motivated, I set specific goals and deadlines for myself. I determine how many titles I aim to review within a certain time frame and set a deadline to complete them. This helps me stay on track and ensures that I make consistent progress throughout my workday. By holding myself accountable to these goals, I can increase my productivity and earnings.
- Minimize distractions and create a productive workspace: Creating a distraction-free environment is crucial for maintaining focus and efficiency. I make sure to eliminate any unnecessary distractions by closing unrelated tabs or applications on my computer. Additionally, I set up a dedicated workspace where I can concentrate solely on my TQA tasks. This separation helps me mentally switch into work mode and minimize potential disruptions.
Hopefully these tips have enlightened you to how important it is to count every second. If you spend 15 minutes checking email, you just lost $5. So stop playing around, get into gear and treat this job like a $20/hour job and you will find your way to making good money online with Demand Media TQA.
This is your brain after a good day of Titling
What are your TQA Titling Tips? Do you have any Questions?
- Confessions of a Demand Media Title Editor
- Titling at Demand Media
- Demand Studios – Title Editor
- Demand Media Studios – Title Quality Assurance
- Demand Media – Flexible Non Phone Work
Earn Everything… nearly!
Join Ipsos iSay, one of the few Faithful and Honest survey panels and earn prizes, gift cards and donations. Stack your points and redeem them: Simple! No hidden fees and completely free!