I am approached time and time again from people who follow WAH Adventures and other related sites faithfully. They are applying to jobs consistently and yet months later they are still seeking. What are they doing wrong? How are others finding plenty of work but they just can’t catch a break?
- SwagBucks: Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more to earn real money. Join Swagbucks Now to Get $5 Free
- Toluna Opinions: Earn $1-$5 each time you qualify and take surveys. Test products for free and share your opinions! Join Toluna Opinions Now
- InboxDollars: Has so far paid its members over $40 Million. Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Join InboxDollars Now and Get Free $5
- PanelPayDay: $1 to $25 to take online surveys, $30 to $100 for Participating in a Focus Group. Join PanelPayDay Now
There are several reasons so many people fall into this rut. Some reasons can be blamed on the person and others are more situational:
Some people foil their own plans.It would seem many people have conflicting truths. Part of them wants to work and make a living from home. But at the same time, part of them has major doubts. They are not sure they really qualify for the jobs, not really wanting to give up their freedom, some don’t really feel comfortable giving up their out-of-home job security and many are just not confident enough to pursue even the jobs they are given!
Some people are looking for too much out of a work at home job! I have had a lot of people in search of specific job types contact me. Many of those people were looking for such a specific job that it was no wonder they had not found anything after their months of searching. Once these people get desperate enough they start choosing the requirements that are most important and learn they must let go of some to gain some.
Some people are not representing themselves well. Working from home online puts us all into this virtual and digital world. This new world is a bit different from the real world. While calling to check on your application in the three-dimensional world might earn you a few brownie points. However, many virtual companies will dismiss you immediately if they are burdened by your calls. Emailing is a much more preferred way to contact work at home companies.
Also, many of people do not have a resume that is effectively representing themselves. A resume is all that stands in their place to these companies. I can not express the value of having a well-written and visually appealing resume when looking for work from home. Use the resources you have at your fingertips:
- Microsoft offers Word based templates you can use as a basis for your resume.
- There are many websites and blogs around the web sharing resume tips and advice.
- Or you can use services like Shanae from FingerPaintDesigns to revamp your resume. Shanae even offers a discount to her Facebook Followers when you place your order through Facebook instead of her site!
If you are one of those people who cannot seem to find the right work at home job– make sure you are not foiling your own plans, are flexible where you can be and that you are representing yourself professionally. Give it time. I have applied for places that did not respond until nearly a year later!
Be sure to follow my brand new site where I am posting the job leads to get the most up-to-date information on home based companies looking for workers.
- What I Have Learned About Resume Writing
- Things to Consider When Deciding to Work From Home
- Find Your Next Work From Home Job with MomCorps
- What to Wear When You Work at Home
- Work from Home Ideas for People in Different Professions
VIPKID is currently looking for online teachers to teach young students in China via video-conferencing. Teachers will earn on average between $14-$22 usd per hour. This opportunity is ideal for teachers looking to supplement their income.
- One (1) school year of traditional teaching experience or the equivalent in mentoring, tutoring, or alternative education
- Bachelor's degree in any field
- Eligibility to work in the US or Canada