Review of Measurement Inc.
Updated on: by Amy Kennedy
Do you have a bachelor’s degree in something?
Need Easy Extra $350+/Month For Free?
- SwagBucks: Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more to earn real money. Earn up to $35 per survey! No hidden fees and completely free. Join Swagbucks Now to Get $5 Free
- InboxDollars: Has so far paid its members over $40 Million. Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Join InboxDollars Now and Get Free $5
- SurveyJunkie: Make $5-$25 in your spare time from home to take online surveys, participating in a Focus Groups and trying new products. Join SurveyJunkie Now
- Branded Surveys: Complete online surveys. Collect points. Redeem your points for cash & gift cards. No hidden fees and completely free! Has so far paid its members over $18 Million. Join Branded Surveys Now
Do you enjoy working seasonally?
Do have an interest in grading and scoring?
Then Measurement Incorporated might be a good seasonal work-at-home (WAH) job for you.
What Exactly is Measurement Incorporated?
At Measurement Incorporated or MI, Reader/Evaluators are trained to score essays, open-ended test items, and performance assessments based on scoring criteria that differ by project. It is temporary, project-by-project work, and the busiest times are from January to June with the slowest times being from September through December.
Headquartered in Durham, NC, Measurement Incorporated™ (MI) is a full-service educational company providing achievement tests and scoring services for state governments, testing companies, and organizations. Their products include online testing, formative assessment, custom writing solutions, writing practice, and AI scoring.
While there are physical locations that Reader/Evaluators and other professionals go to, this article will cover the remote position.
What Are the Hours of Work?
Hours and pay vary. Readers/Evaluators are hired on a temporary basis by project. However the hours are five days per week, Monday through Friday. Attendance is mandatory during the first few days of training. There may be options of morning, afternoon and evening shifts available with 3-4 hours time frames each shift. This may allow for a flexible scheduling arrangement.
Where Can I Live?
Although Measurement Incorporated offers remote work, recent job postings indicate applicants must live in the following states: CA, FL, GA, IL, KS, KY, MD, MI, NC, NJ, NY, OH, SC, TN, or WA.
What Skills/Special Training Do You Need?
The requirements are:
- a bachelor’s degree in any field
- ability to perform adequately on the placement assessment
- completion of the interview process
- a list of professional references
- proof of eligibility to work in the United States
- access to a home computer with high-speed Internet
- a work area secure without distractions
What are the Equipment/Computer Requirements?
The computer requirements seem relaxed. Just have high-speed Internet or even wireless Internet. Make sure that you do have anti-virus software as well as anti-malware software installed. The basic common sense things that you would normally do, apply here. Now, having said that if you are missing a plugin to your browser, Enroll will call you out on that and let you know what to install.
Is There Any Training at Measurement Incorporated?
There is paid training at the beginning of each new project. Attendance is mandatory.
Are You an Employee or Independent Contractor?
You are considered a temporary staff member, without benefits. It appears that you are a temporary employee similar to someone coming from a “temp” agency.
How Much Money Can You Make With Measurement Incorporated?
The pay will vary by project and the length of the assignment. However, for comparison purposes a current project is paying beginning readers $10.70 per hour.
My Impression of Measurement Incorporated?
I was impressed with their multiple awards for fast grow and their commitment to education. I was also impressed with the many educational products that they have. Measurement Incorporated seems to have a good, reputation especially among its employees—even the remote ones.
What Do Others Think of Measurement Incorporated?
Many good reviews are posted online. Most give a four out of five star rating. Glassdoor has some great feedback here, but you are welcome to conduct your own search as well.
Need Easy Extra Cash?
Pinecone Research, a leading name in online survey panel honesty, absolutely guarantees $3 cash for every survey you complete!
Take advantage of their time limited New Membership drive and register NOW. Join today: 100% free!
Benefits of Working as a Reader/Evaluator at Measurement
Working as a Reader/Evaluator at Measurement Incorporated (MI) can offer several potential benefits. Here are some advantages of such a position:
- Flexible Work Arrangements: MI often offers remote or work-from-home opportunities, allowing for flexibility in where and when you work, providing better work-life balance and convenience.
- Part-Time or Seasonal Employment: Reader/Evaluator positions at MI are often part-time or seasonal, which can be ideal for individuals seeking additional income or those with other commitments during specific periods.
- Variety of Projects: Working on different assessments across subjects and grade levels provides variety and prevents monotony, contributing to professional growth and knowledge in different content areas.
- Professional Development: MI provides training and support to enhance scoring skills, improve understanding of scoring rubrics, and broaden knowledge of educational standards and practices.
- Contributing to Education: Reader/Evaluators play a vital role in the assessment process, generating meaningful data that guides instructional strategies, curriculum development, and educational policy.
- Competitive Compensation: MI typically offers competitive compensation packages, ensuring that your time and expertise are recognized and valued.
- Networking Opportunities: Working at MI can provide opportunities to interact and collaborate with professionals in the educational assessment field, expanding your professional network and potentially leading to other opportunities.
How Can Interested Individuals Apply?
Click the “Apply Online” tab and select the remote position. Complete the application and then click the submit button. Proof of your four-year college degree will be required before the scheduling of an interview.
Readers/Evaluators are hired on a temporary basis by project. However, workers are still expected to work Monday through Friday for the duration of the project—if an assignment is accepted. Attendance during training is mandatory.
- Work from Home for ARO Inc
- How to Become a Mystery Shopper and Get Paid $100+/Week with Confero Inc
- A Review of Century Interactive’s Call Reviewer Position
- Review of Maritz Research
- Review of NexRep
Earn Everything… nearly!
Join Ipsos iSay, one of the few Faithful and Honest survey panels and earn prizes, gift cards and donations. Stack your points and redeem them: Simple! No hidden fees and completely free!