What it Means to be a Work at Home Mom
Updated on: by Miranda Grimm
Need Easy Extra $350+/Month For Free?
- SwagBucks: Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more to earn real money. Earn up to $35 per survey! No hidden fees and completely free. Join Swagbucks Now to Get $5 Free
- InboxDollars: Has so far paid its members over $40 Million. Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Join InboxDollars Now and Get Free $5
- SurveyJunkie: Make $5-$25 in your spare time from home to take online surveys, participating in a Focus Groups and trying new products. Join SurveyJunkie Now
- Branded Surveys: Complete online surveys. Collect points. Redeem your points for cash & gift cards. No hidden fees and completely free! Has so far paid its members over $18 Million. Join Branded Surveys Now
There is a striking difference between the titles “Stay at Home Mom” and a “Work at Home Mom”. Yet, somehow I keep thinking I am both.
Obviously the difference being between one key word- Work. Being a working mom involves one big painful giant
Truth is- kids, a house, spouse and other obligations are a FULL TIME job. Ask any Stay at Home Mom how much spare time they have and they will laugh. So, how do we manage to fit work in as a work at home mom? Well, that means someone or something is being sacrificed.
I have talked on this subject countless times. We are all seeking out this ideal perfect balance of family, house, work, life etc… I feel kind of embarrassed to be talking about it once again. But something happened the other week, something slapped me across the face.
I thought I was doing pretty good with this whole balancing act. But then my daughter quietly said something.
“You never have enough time for me”
I said something slapped me across the face– but it was more like a punch in the nose. My five year old daughter asked me to play a game with her and I tried to blow her off so I could get work done. And she said something that stopped me in my tracks and evaluate my life priorities.
Here I am again…
Maybe this is all a sick joke God is playing on me– seeing how many times I fall back into the cycle of letting work get the better of me and then realizing I have set my kids aside too many times. Sometimes I feel like an Israelite wondering through the desert.
How will I break this curse?
Once again- where are my priorities? I chose to become a work at home mom because I wanted to spend as much time with my kids as possible but I knew my family needed additional financial support. I am hugely blessed to be able to have the option of working from home but what good is this gift if I spend all of my time sitting at a computer. Wasn’t I suppose to be engaging with my girls, creating relationships that couldn’t be broken?
Maybe I am exaggerating. But when you hear your 5 year old say “you never have enough time for me” it sure feels like we have a broken relationship.
So I have faced and accepted the following 5 facts:
- I will never have extra time
- Any time spent working means something is being sacraficed
- It is better to have a dirty house than neglected children
- Time is easily wasted if focus is lost
- Prioritizing my work is equally as important as prioritizing life
In the meantime I will be reminding my kids how important they are to me. Yes, I know they can stand to be alone and play by themselves from time to time. But I choose to listen to my kids. When a 5 year old makes a statement like above, at least MY 5 year old, I realize she is being effected. She didn’t say it to try to manipulate me into doing what she wanted (I know my daughter). She was genuinely hurting.
I may not be here to blog as often as I was in the past- but Work at Home Adventures will be around.
The doors are staying open but the hours of operation sign has been taken down.
- Does Being a Work at Home Mom Mean Your Children are Neglected?
- Internal Battles of a Work at Home Mom
- Honest Advice From a Work at Home Mom
- Working from Home: 5 Reasons it is Different than You Thought it Would Be
- Warning Signs and Red Flags to Be Aware of When Applying for a Work at Home Job
Earn Everything… nearly!
Join Ipsos iSay, one of the few Faithful and Honest survey panels and earn prizes, gift cards and donations. Stack your points and redeem them: Simple! No hidden fees and completely free!
Need Easy Extra Cash?
Pinecone Research, a leading name in online survey panel honesty, absolutely guarantees $3 cash for every survey you complete!
Take advantage of their time limited New Membership drive and register NOW. Join today: 100% free!