- SwagBucks: Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more to earn real money. Earn up to $35 per survey! No hidden fees and completely free. Join Swagbucks Now to Get $5 Free
- Opinion Outpost: One of the few faithful and honest survey panels pays cash and gift cards for your opinion. No hidden fees and completely free! Join Opinion Outpost Now
- InboxDollars: Has so far paid its members over $40 Million. Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Join InboxDollars Now and Get Free $5
- Lifepoints: Famed MySurvey just rebranded to LifePoints. Take paid surveys anytime and anywhere via PC or Mobile App. Paid its members over $32 Million so far! Join LifePoints Now
- SurveyJunkie: Make $5-$25 in your spare time from home to take online surveys, participating in a Focus Groups and trying new products. Join SurveyJunkie Now
There is a striking difference between the titles “Stay at Home Mom” and a “Work at Home Mom”. Yet, somehow I keep thinking I am both.
Obviously the difference being between one key word- Work. Being a working mom involves one big painful giant
Truth is- kids, a house, spouse and other obligations are a FULL TIME job. Ask any Stay at Home Mom how much spare time they have and they will laugh. So, how do we manage to fit work in as a work at home mom? Well, that means someone or something is being sacrificed.
I have talked on this subject countless times. We are all seeking out this ideal perfect balance of family, house, work, life etc… I feel kind of embarrassed to be talking about it once again. But something happened the other week, something slapped me across the face.
I thought I was doing pretty good with this whole balancing act. But then my daughter quietly said something.
“You never have enough time for me”
I said something slapped me across the face– but it was more like a punch in the nose. My five year old daughter asked me to play a game with her and I tried to blow her off so I could get work done. And she said something that stopped me in my tracks and evaluate my life priorities.
Here I am again…
Maybe this is all a sick joke God is playing on me– seeing how many times I fall back into the cycle of letting work get the better of me and then realizing I have set my kids aside too many times. Sometimes I feel like an Israelite wondering through the desert.
How will I break this curse?
Once again- where are my priorities? I chose to become a work at home mom because I wanted to spend as much time with my kids as possible but I knew my family needed additional financial support. I am hugely blessed to be able to have the option of working from home but what good is this gift if I spend all of my time sitting at a computer. Wasn’t I suppose to be engaging with my girls, creating relationships that couldn’t be broken?
Maybe I am exaggerating. But when you hear your 5 year old say “you never have enough time for me” it sure feels like we have a broken relationship.
So I have faced and accepted the following 5 facts:
- I will never have extra time
- Any time spent working means something is being sacraficed
- It is better to have a dirty house than neglected children
- Time is easily wasted if focus is lost
- Prioritizing my work is equally as important as prioritizing life
In the meantime I will be reminding my kids how important they are to me. Yes, I know they can stand to be alone and play by themselves from time to time. But I choose to listen to my kids. When a 5 year old makes a statement like above, at least MY 5 year old, I realize she is being effected. She didn’t say it to try to manipulate me into doing what she wanted (I know my daughter). She was genuinely hurting.
I may not be here to blog as often as I was in the past- but Work at Home Adventures will be around.
The doors are staying open but the hours of operation sign has been taken down.
- Does Being a Work at Home Mom Mean Your Children are Neglected?
- Internal Battles of a Work at Home Mom
- Honest Advice From a Work at Home Mom
- Working from Home: 5 Reasons it is Different than You Thought it Would Be
- Warning Signs and Red Flags to Be Aware of When Applying for a Work at Home Job
Join Ipsos iSay, one of the few Faithful and Honest survey panels and earn prizes, gift cards and donations. Stack your points and redeem them: Simple! No hidden fees and completely free!
Pinecone Research, a leading name in online survey panel honesty, absolutely guarantees $3 cash for every survey you complete!
Take advantage of their time limited New Membership drive and register NOW. Join today: 100% free!