If you live in a Caribbean Island country such as Jamaica, Bahamas, Barbados, etc. it can be very difficult to find a work at home based job.
- SwagBucks: Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more to earn real money. Join Swagbucks Now to Get $5 Free
- Toluna Opinions: Earn $1-$5 each time you qualify and take surveys. Test products for free and share your opinions! Join Toluna Opinions Now
- InboxDollars: Has so far paid its members over $40 Million. Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Join InboxDollars Now and Get Free $5
- PanelPayDay: $1 to $25 to take online surveys, $30 to $100 for Participating in a Focus Group. Join PanelPayDay Now
In fact, I did not realize just how difficult it would be to find a remote job until I began trying to help several of my readers in the Caribbean seeking work.
Thankfully our search wasn’t a complete loss. We did manage to learn a few things that you may find helpful.
Depending on your skill set, you may be able to secure a few gigs through UpWork.
UpWork is a bidding site where companies post temporary jobs that people can bid and win based on their experience, skill and the amount of money they are willing to work for.
In some cases these temporary gigs turn into permanent or steady work but it’s not something you will likely be able to count on.
You can do basic searches on US job board sites like Indeed.com for “remote” jobs. This will require that you read in detail and find companies and jobs that hire “globally” or say they are willing to hire candidates “worldwide”.
A great way to narrow the search down and save some time is to subscribe to FlexJobs. They are good at finding the job postings that claim to hire “worldwide”. Not just that, but FlexJobs screens every individual job posting.
Their subscription plan is $15 a month but there are often discount codes listed online if you look around before checking out.
As you can see in this screen shot below, you can check your country and get a preview of the current jobs listed that are available to you. This is a great way to make sure you aren’t just wasting your time and money.
If you have any additional knowledge and/or resources that would help your fellow islanders, please share with us in a comment below.
- Where to Find Work at Home Jobs in the Medical Field
- Work from Home Ideas for People in Different Professions
- Find Your Next Work From Home Job with MomCorps
- 5 Work at Home Opportunities in the Education Field
- Q/A: Where can I find work from home that doesn’t involve the phone?
VIPKID is currently looking for online teachers to teach young students in China via video-conferencing. Teachers will earn on average between $14-$22 usd per hour. This opportunity is ideal for teachers looking to supplement their income.
- One (1) school year of traditional teaching experience or the equivalent in mentoring, tutoring, or alternative education
- Bachelor's degree in any field
- Eligibility to work in the US or Canada