If you enjoy doing transcription work, you may want to consider applying with TFE (Transcription for Everyone), a company based in Israel that provides transcription work to people all over the world. In this post, I’ll provide a little more information about TFE, what they pay and how to go about applying with them.
- Lifepoints: Famed MySurvey just rebranded to LifePoints. Take paid surveys anytime and anywhere via PC or Mobile App. Paid its members over $32 Million so far! Join LifePoints Now
- Opinion Outpost: One of the few faithful and honest survey panels pays cash and gift cards for your opinion. No hidden fees and completely free! Join Opinion Outpost Now
- Ipsos iSay: One of the few faithful and honest survey panels. Earn prizes, gift cards and donations. Join Ipsos iSay Now
- Toluna Opinions: Earn $1-$5 each time you qualify and take surveys. Test products for free and share your opinions! Join Toluna Opinions Now
- Pinecone Research: A leading name in online panels guarantees $3 cash for every survey you complete! No hidden fees and completely free! Join Pinecone Research Now
- InboxDollars: Has so far paid its members over $40 Million. Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Join InboxDollars Now and Get Free $5
- SwagBucks: Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more to earn real money. Join Swagbucks Now to Get $5 Free
What countries does TFE hire in?
Although they are based out of Israel, TFE hires in all countries.
What type of transcription are they hiring for?
At this time, their website says they’re only hiring legal and general transcriptionists.
How much do they pay?
According to their website, they pay 45 cents per page (not per audio hour or minute, as a lot of companies do). You can also make up to an additional 10 cents per page, based on the quality of your work.
How do they pay?
If you live in Israel, they will deposit your pay into your bank account. If you live outside of Israel, pay will be deposited in your Paypal account.
Are there opportunities to move into different positions?
Yes. Everyone who applies with TFE starts out as a transcriber. However, if you perform well, you may be promoted to other roles, such as editing, compiling, or proofing – these roles are described in more detail on their website.
Is there a certain amount of work I have to take per week or per day?
The agreement you’ll sign asks you to transcribe at least 30 audio minutes per week, however TFE clearly states on their website that if you want to do less transcription in the beginning, that’s fine. You’re assigned work based on your availability, which you’ll list on their website once you’re hired.
Do they have a lot of work?
According to their website, 99% of the time they have more than enough work for everyone.
Is TFE legitimate and do they pay?
From what I’ve read, I’d say TFE is legitimate. There have been a few complaints and a few questions raised about certain things, such as whether you need to take a course that they offer in order to work for them, and one person wrote a letter saying he didn’t get paid, but in both cases TFE responded to the complaints and the questions.
Here’s a thread on wahm.com where someone voiced a concern about having to take a course in order to work for TFE:
And here’s a letter that someone wrote to complaintsboard.com stating that they did not get paid – again the CEO of TFE responded to the letter stating the person did get paid:
How do I get started?
If you like what you’ve read so far, the next step is to go to http://transcriptionforeveryone.com/welcome-tfe-experienced-transcribers, read their full job description, and then decide if you want to apply. If you do decide to apply, you’ll have to download their confidentiality agreement and transcriber agreement, read and sign those files and return them to TFE.
Once you’ve returned them, they’ll send you a test file, of which you will have to complete the first 10 minutes. Once you return that to them, they’ll give you feedback on it and decide whether they’re going to hire you.
If you like doing transcription work, or want to get into doing transcription work, TFE may be a good option for you. If you have any experience working with TFE, please feel free to comment below.
Pinecone Research, a leading name in online survey panel honesty, absolutely guarantees $3 cash for every survey you complete!
Take advantage of their time limited New Membership drive and register NOW. Join today: 100% free!
- A Review of ConnectandSell
- A Very Honest and Balanced Review of CloudCrowd
- Axion Data Review: Is it a Legitimate Work from Home Data Entry Company?
- Speechpad Review 2019: Is This Work at Home Transcription Company Right for You?
- My Guest Post: 4 Skills Needed for a Transcription Job
Join Ipsos iSay, one of the few Faithful and Honest survey panels and earn prizes, gift cards and donations. Stack your points and redeem them: Simple! No hidden fees and completely free!