17 of the Best Free Survey Sites in 2023 That Really Pay!
Updated on: by Amy Kennedy
Paid survey sites run rampant on the web nowadays, but that certainly doesn’t make them all equal!
I’ve come across tons of great survey sites that really pay.
I’ve also come across tons of scams – probably more often than legitimate survey sites, to be honest.
So, I’m glad you came here today to check out some of my personal favorite free survey sites that really pay.
These are all tried, tested, and true so you can have the opportunity to at least make a little extra cash from whatever ones you choose to sign up for.
Throw everything you know about paid survey sites and what people tell you about them out the window.
These ones work, and I’ll clue you into some of the best things about them so you can start making money online today.
Making the Most from Paid Survey Sites
These 17 sites that I’m about to explain in detail are some of the best out there.
If you sign up with a few of these, you can maximize your earnings by almost always having a survey available at one of them.
Part of the negative vibe toward survey sites is that it’s so difficult to qualify for surveys.
You can sometimes spend several minutes “qualifying”, only to be told that you don’t meet the demographics for that particular survey.
Unfortunately, it does happen sometimes. But, from our experiences here at Work at Home Adventures, these sites don’t waste a lot of your time.
Most of the time, you’ll find a survey you qualify for and you won’t waste 15 minutes or more just qualifying.
The key is to fill out your profile as completely as possible. If the survey site has quick personal surveys to get to know you better, take them!
This helps you get matched to more opportunities that you’ll likely qualify for; hence, less of your time is wasted.
If you find that one of these sites doesn’t have enough surveys open for you, you can always try another one.
I suggest playing around with two or three at a time to find what works best for you.
Ultimately, you’ll find a combination where you’ll have at least a survey or two available each day on at least one site.
More surveys = more cash in your pocket! Let’s take a look at some of my favorite free paid survey sites.
Best Survey Sites That Pay
Many of these sites remain the most popular by survey takers because they’re veterans in the paid survey business.
If they scammed survey takers and didn’t pay, they wouldn’t have stuck around for so long!
But, they also made the list because of their many opportunities to earn, pay structures, bonus rewards, and more, that make them stand out from the pack.
InboxDollars is another one of my personal favorites, and one of the paid survey sites that has managed to stick around the longest and continue to be a fan favorite.
It’s technically another Get Paid To (GPT) site like Swagbucks.
You can take surveys for cash, but you can also complete offers, play games, search the web, read e-mails, and more, for extra ways to earn.
- InboxDollars has a $5 sign up bonus, which is one of the highest bonuses simply for signing up!
- Bonus cash offers by completing specific tasks within a week.
- InboxDollars has a Gold Member system that gets you paid faster – and you can reach it as soon as you cash out your first payment.
InboxDollars pays in cash and the top of the website always displays how much you have in your account.
Most surveys pay anywhere from $0.25 to $5, with most somewhere around $1.
There are almost always new surveys available on InboxDollars, so you can make money from them quickly.
You need to have $30 to cash out. For your first payment, you’ll have to get a check.
After that, you become a Gold Member and you can choose a check, electronic gift card, or Prepaid Visa for payment.
Must be at least 18 years old; Open internationally.
I hardly ever talk about the best ways to make money online without mentioning Swagbucks.
That’s because it’s one of the easiest ways to earn money without doing a whole lot of work. And, there are seemingly endless ways to earn here!
One of those ways is, of course, with paid surveys.
Swagbucks has numerous surveys at any given time, and it adds new ones daily.
Most surveys give you about 100 to 400 Swagbucks (SBs), depending on their length and depth.
Usually, you won’t have to spend more than about 10-15 minutes on a survey.
There are even super quick surveys that can take a minute or less and they’ll pay you a few SBs each.
I like to snatch all of them up as soon as I see them. It’s a quick way to earn some easy points!
- There are tons of ways to make money here, like referring your friends, watching videos, shopping online, and searching the web. If you don’t feel like taking surveys (or have no more for the day), try one of the other methods!
- The website is so easy to use. It’s organized well and you should have no problem finding what you want to do.
- You can cash out your earnings with low amounts. Some gift cards are available for 100 SBs or less!
Swagbucks awards you in SBs for everything you do on the site. Each task is worth a different amount.
1 SB is the equivalent of a penny. So, 100 SBs is $1. Therefore, you can make between $1 and $4 for most surveys on the site.
Turn your SBs in for gift cards in the Rewards section. Most require at least 500 SBs, but some are as low as 85 SBs!
And, Swagbucks often has discounts on some gift cards that will let you use less points to get the reward you want.
Anyone 13 or older who lives in the US, UK, Ireland, Canada, Australia, India, or Germany.
MySurvey has been around since 2001, making it one of the longest-running and most trusted paid survey sites.
In 2014 alone, the company paid members more than $32 million for taking surveys.
My Survey sends participants, on average, about two or three survey invites per week.
So, it doesn’t have the highest number of surveys, but it also won’t spam your inbox with a crazy number of surveys to take each day.
- Has interesting surveys that will keep you having fun.
- My Survey has both long and short surveys for ways to earn tons of points or earn fewer points but very quickly.
- When you log into your member area, you get rewarded with entries for current sweepstakes!
My Survey pays you in points.
1,000 points equals $10, so 100 points per $1. Most surveys pay the equivalent of $0.25 to $1.
You’ll only need a minimum of $10 in your account to cash out via PayPal or use your points for gift cards and other rewards.
Must be at least 16 years old and a resident of the United States.
Toluna is another one of the highest-paying survey sites with frequent opportunities.
Many Toluna surveys are a few dollars each; some members get consistent invites for surveys $10 or more.
Toluna also has paid focus groups available sometimes that can pay anywhere from $50 or more, depending on what’s required from you and how long they’ll take.
- One of the few online survey sites that has opportunities to earn a lot of money with paid focus groups.
- Toluna has frequent survey opportunities sent to your inbox daily; depending on your demographics, you may qualify for at least one survey per day!
- Toluna is more of a community than just a survey site. You can poll your friends and interact with others to voice your opinions and earn more rewards.
You get paid in points with Toluna. 3,000 points equals $1 here.
Most surveys pay anywhere from 1,000 to 25,000 points, for an average of around $4 per survey.
You can redeem your points for a variety of prizes, including gift cards and PayPal payments.
There are also opportunities to win big cash prizes through sweepstakes, which take place once per month.
Must be at least 16 years old or older if required by your location; Open internationally.
E-Poll has been on the net since 1997.
This site will send you a survey as soon as you sign up worth 100 points. So, it rewards you just for giving your basic information and interests!
After that, you’ll receive invites at least once every 4 to 6 weeks, or more if your demographics fit several surveys.
- E-Poll even has surveys that have you watch television shows and share your opinion! It can be a fun way to earn.
- Several rewards to choose from in the form of gift cards.
E-Poll pays in points. Your points increase in value as you get more.
You can, however, cash out when you have a minimum of $5 (3750 points) in your account.
E-Poll also has monthly sweepstakes from which you can win $250 or more!
Members must be at least 13 years old and residents of the United States.
Harris Poll Online is one of the very first survey sites I started with several years ago.
It’s since been taken over by Nielsen Holdings and is one of the largest market research companies in the world.
You may notice several negative reviews about Harris Poll regarding cashing out points for earnings.
This was an issue in late 2016/early 2017, but members no longer seem to be having that problem.
- Harris Poll sometimes offers its members focus groups for more chances to earn a higher amount.
- Since it’s one of the largest survey sites, it usually has several surveys available at any given time. Most members get several survey invites per week.
You earn HIPoints here, and 1250 HIPoints equals $10.
Most surveys pay the equivalent of $0.50 to $1, but some give you $2 or more.
Make sure you remain active or your points will expire after 12 months of inactivity.
You can redeem your points for a variety of gift cards and other prizes.
Must be at least 13 in the US or Canada, or 14 in other countries.
Opinion Outpost utilizes its survey participants to help shape current and future brands.
This company also rewards members with the potential to win a huge monthly cash sweepstakes just for participating.
- Survey invites happen pretty frequently for new panelists. You may get several per day, depending on your demographics.
- You get extra sweepstakes entries every time you complete a survey!
You get paid in points for each survey, and 10 points equals $1.
You need a minimum of 100 points, or $10, to cash out with PayPal, or 50 points ($5) for other gift cards.
Must be 18 years or older; Open internationally.
Next on the list is Vindale Research, another one that’s been on the web for quite a while.
As of writing this, Vindale Research has paid members almost $6 million in total for their paid surveys.
Vindale Research even has a mobile app so you can take surveys on the go whenever you’re not near your computer.
It even boasts some of the highest-paying surveys on the web. Most pay you at least $0.25, and some can go as high as $10 or more!
- High-paying surveys and there are often several available at any given time.
- You get paid in cash rather than points, so there’s no confusing conversions.
- Vindale surveys cover a variety of topics, from technology to shopping and everything in between, so you’re likely to find something you’re interested in.
Vindale pays you in cash. You’ll know exactly how much you’ll get from a survey before you even start it.
Surveys range between $0.25 and $50, generally, but some in-depth surveys may pay $75 or more.
You have to wait until you have $50 in your account to cash out, and you can then transfer your earnings to a check or PayPal.
Anyone 18 or older and a citizen of the US, Canada, Australia, or UK.
Global Test Market has been around since 1999 and remains one of the most active survey sites on the internet.
The company pays millions of dollars to its members every year for sharing their opinions with surveys.
- There are a lot of survey opportunities here. Some members, depending on demographics, may receive several survey invites daily.
- In addition to points, you get sweepstakes entries when you complete surveys, and even when you’ve been disqualified for one.
The pay can be a little confusing here.
Global Test Market uses a point system and, depending on where you live and what you’re redeeming them for, your points may have different values.
For example, you need 4200 points for a $40 PayPal card or 3850 points for an electronic gift certificate.
Most surveys pay the equivalent of between $0.75 and $3 each and take between 10 to 20 minutes to complete.
You must be at least 14 years old to participate; Open internationally.
Pinecone Research is often one of the most recommended survey sites.
Unfortunately, it’s so popular that it sometimes has to shut down sign-ups because it gets way too many applications.
On the plus side, the site isn’t overrun by tons of survey takers who snatch up surveys so there’s none left for you. It’s more exclusive, which is a good thing.
Just keep it bookmarked and look for openings.
- You earn a flat $3 per survey. Simple earnings with no guesswork involved!
- No withdrawal minimums and immediate pay for surveys.
Pinecone Research once paid in cash, but now pays in points. Each point equals $0.01, so 100 points equals $1.
Still, each survey equals $3, or 300 points. You can choose to cash out with a check, PayPal, or the Prepaid Visa.
Must be at least 18 years old and live in the United States or Canada.
MyPoints isn’t just a site for surveys, but that is one way you can earn cash here.
You can also get paid to shop, watch videos, save or use coupon codes, play games, and more.
MyPoints doesn’t have a huge number of surveys at a time, but it will e-mail you when a new one matches your demographics.
- More ways to earn than just surveys so you can always make some quick cash.
- As a member, you’re eligible for money-saving deals from hundreds of retailers.
- MyPoints pays you points even if you don’t qualify for a survey!
As the name suggests, MyPoints pays in points rather than cash. Its points system can be a little tricky, as there’s not a simple conversion between points and cash.
Generally, you make about 50 points per survey, which usually last around 10 minutes, which equals about $0.35.
You need $10 minimum to cash out for most rewards, and the PayPal minimum is $25.
Anyone age 13 or older; Open internationally.
Fusion Cash is a GPT site that gives you several ways to earn, including surveys, clicking ads, and paid radio.
And, it has a very active community that doesn’t look like it’ll be slowing down any time soon!
You even have the opportunity to get paid by participating in the community forum.
- Tons of ways to earn; cash offers is one of the most popular ways, with several free offers that can give you a good amount of cash.
- $5 sign up bonus!
- You can even get paid by Fusion Cash to sign up for other survey panels that pay!
Fusion Cash offers cash for its paid tasks and surveys. Most surveys pay between $0.25 to $2.
Payments for Fusion Cash are usually quick and can be made via PayPal, check, or direct deposit. You need $25 in your account to cash out.
Must be 18 years or older for Canada and US residents; US residents may be 13 with parental permission.
Join Fusion Cash here.
Nielsen is a known name in the market research world. Its Digital Voice panel allows you to be a part of it by providing opinions to help your favorite brands.
This one works a bit different, though. In addition to survey invites, you can also get some more cash by downloading the Nielsen app to your phone.
When you do, Nielsen tracks what you do for the purpose of market research. You get paid just for allowing it to run in the background.
- As long as you keep the app working on your phone, you gain entries into the monthly $10,000 and $1,000 sweepstakes.
- Nielsen sometimes has opportunities to earn more cash through focus groups and special surveys.
This panel doesn’t pay in cash directly. But, you’ll have tons of opportunities to win big cash prizes with entries into the monthly sweepstakes.
Nielsen’s website says that over 400 members have a chance to win at least $1,000 per month!
Must be at least 18 years old and live in one of the following countries: US, Germany, Brazil, China, Switzerland, Australia, New Zealand, France, Italy or the UK.
CashCrate has over 6 million worldwide members, making it one of the largest paid survey sites on the web.
CashCrate offers more than just surveys – you can also earn by watching videos, playing games, referring friends, and more – but surveys are one of the best money-makers here.
The only problem is that its surveys seem to fill rather quickly because there aren’t as many of them on the site at any given time.
But, when you’re out of surveys, you can always try one of the other ways on the site to earn some cash.
- There are a lot of ways to earn on CashCrate, even when surveys aren’t available.
- CashCrate has a payment gallery where you can see real photos of other members’ payments.
- Earn $1 just for signing up!
CashCrate pays you in real cash so you’ll know exactly what you’re getting for each survey.
You need a minimum of $20 in your account to request a check or a PayPal transfer.
Anyone age 13 or older with parental permission, or at least 18 years old without parental permission; Open internationally.
EarningStation is one of the lesser-known GPT sites that offers several ways to earn cash, like clipping coupons, searching the web, and taking surveys.
EarningStation usually has a large number of surveys available, so you may qualify for a few each week.
- More ways to earn than just surveys, so you can maximize your cash flow.
- Surveys usually don’t take more than 20 minutes, and most are closer to 10 or 15.
- Referral program lets you earn 10% of your friends’ earnings!
EarningStation pays in Station Dollars. Most surveys pay between 50 and 250 Station Dollars.
You can exchange your points for gift cards when you have the equivalent of $10 in your account.
Earn more points by getting an “Earning Streak,” which gives you bonus point when you complete a series of daily tasks.
USA residents 18 years or older, or minors with parental permission.
This one unfortunately requires you to have an Android device.
But, if you have one and haven’t yet tried it, you’re going to be amazed with Google Opinion Rewards!
This is an app for your device that pays you to complete super quick surveys.
And I mean really quick. Most surveys are only about 3 questions long and usually pay between $0.10 and $0.50!
The surveys tend to come in groups – you may have several in a month and hardly ever the next month, but it’s a great way to earn some cash for very little effort.
- Very quick surveys that usually are based on your interests. Most take less than a minute to finish!
- Pays some of the highest rates considering the surveys are so short.
- Use your earnings to purchase new apps in the Google Play store.
Google Opinion Rewards pays in cash. You can receive up to $1 per survey, but most fall between $0.10 and $0.25.
Redeem your earnings whenever you want in Google Play. Your earnings will show up as a credit and you can choose whether you want to use it for a purchase.
Must be at least 18 years old and live in one of the accepted countries.
Ipsos i-Say is another top paid survey site that offers tons of opportunities for you to make your voice heard to influence top brands.
Ipsos i-Say has surveys on a range of topics and typically has several new surveys a week for you to participate in.
Depending on your personal information, you could get 8 or more surveys per month.
- Ispos i-Say has a wide range of topics to cover, so you won’t get bored with completing similar surveys all the time.
- Several products and rewards to choose from.
- You can also use your points for entries into large sweepstakes, like big cash prizes and vacations.
Ispos i-Say pays in points. For most rewards, 100 points equals $1.
You need at least 1530 points to cash out an equivalent of $15 via PayPal.
Anyone 18 or older and a resident of the United States or Canada.
Conclusion: Best Survey Sites That Pay
Now you have several paid survey sites to choose from! Go ahead and try them out and stick with the ones you like best.
I’ve found that mixing a couple of GPT sites with a couple of survey-only sites works well for me.
This way, I get a good mix of surveys and extra ways to earn cash when survey invites dwindle.
What survey sites are your favorites? How many made the list? Are there others you love that you’d include? Let us know in a comment!