Did you know that teenagers can make money online, too?
- SurveyJunkie: Make $5-$25 in your spare time from home to take online surveys, participating in a Focus Groups and trying new products. Join SurveyJunkie Now
- MySurvey: Is known as #1 paid survey site. Take paid surveys anytime and anywhere via PC, Laptop, Tablet, Cell Phone or Mobile App. Join MySurvey Now
- Toluna Opinions: Earn $1-$5 each time you qualify and take surveys. Test products for free and share your opinions! Join Toluna Opinions Now
- SwagBucks: Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more to earn real money. Join Swagbucks Now to Get $5 Free
- InboxDollars: Has so far paid its members over $40 Million. Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Join InboxDollars Now and Get Free $5
You don’t have to be 18 years old to earn some extra income on the web.
Going to school takes up a lot of time and energy.
Adding a part-time job to that can leave 15-year-olds or 16-year-olds burnt out.
It’s best to look for some online jobs that you can do for a couple of hours after school or on the weekends at home.
Fortunately, they’re flexible, so you can do them whenever you have spare time.
Check out this list of online jobs for teens under 18.
That means even 12-year-olds can find a way to make some money online!
What are the Best Online Jobs for Teens?
Online jobs for teens need to be flexible.
When you’re looking for ways to make cash online, look for jobs that don’t require set schedules or a specific number of hours per week.
Instead, focus on smaller tasks that you can complete in your spare time.
There are several jobs that are perfect for teens to do after school for a couple of hours or on the weekends.
If you don’t feel like searching for online jobs yourself, browse through our list of the best online jobs for teens under 18!
Online Jobs for 13 Year Olds And Up
Most online survey websites allow you to sign up to begin taking surveys at age 13, provided you have your parents’ permission.
The below survey websites will all pay 13-year-olds just to give their opinions:
- Harris Poll Online (review) offers a points system, known as HiPoints, for each survey you take, which you can redeem for rewards or sweepstakes entries.
- Toluna (review) lets you give top brands your input and make money through taking surveys by redeeming points.
- VIP Voice gives you points per survey they you can use to bid on auctions, enter sweepstakes, and get other rewards.
- E-Poll (review) lets you redeem points for various gift cards and PayPal cash.
- Prize Rebel offers top rewards, like Amazon, PayPal, and Walmart gift cards.
- MintVine uses a point system to convert to cash and pays via PayPal.
- Cross Media Panel offers $6 just for signing up! Rewards include Starbucks gift cards, Amazon gift cards, and more.
- Focus Forward Panel gives points to redeem for sweepstakes entries and other rewards. 1,000 points equals $1.
- PollBuzzer Panel lets you participate in surveys to earn rewards, although the specific rewards aren’t listed on the website.
Read More: 39 Real Online Survey Jobs That Pay Cash
“Get Paid To” Websites
“Get Paid To” (GPT) sites pay you for completing offers and tasks, like watching videos, taking surveys, or playing games.
These GPT websites all welcome teens 13 or older:
- CashCrate (review) has a variety of ways to earn money, like socializing, taking surveys, completing paid and free offers, and referring your friends.
- Gift Hulk pays you to participate in surveys, web searches, games, and watching videos with Hulk Coins, which you can redeem for gift cards and prizes.
- GrabPoints has a mobile app to participate on the go by downloading apps, completing surveys, watching videos, and more.
- InstaGC gives you points to redeem for rewards when you shop online, watch videos, search the web, or complete surveys.
- Bank Roll Bucks has a $1 minimum payout, and you can complete an unlimited number of surveys and offers within 24 hours.
Play a Mobile Game!
Qriket is a unique way to earn some money, and there’s no age limit as to who can play.
However, you will need parental consent in most locations, so check your local laws to find out that information.
This live online game show is available via an app on iTunes and Google Play.
Basically, you watch ads in the app, which gives you spins to spin a cash-making wheel.
Each spin can give you up to $5. It’s really all a matter of luck.
You won’t get rich off this game, but you can save up your money until you want to cash it out via PayPal.
Easy Extra Cash! Join the famed Vindale Research site and earn rewards by doing nothing more than sharing your experience of using the internet. Guaranteed 100% free membership.
Every little bit helps (and you might as well earn some cash in your spare time!).
Lets you watch advertisements that you’re interested in and rewards you with gift cards!
The minimum age requirement is 13 because that’s also the minimum age requirement for Facebook, which you must use to be able to sign up for NADAmobile.
Once signed up, you can watch a certain number of videos per day that NADAmobile will allow.
For each video watched, you’ll earn credit that you can redeem for gift cards. Although it won’t make you cash, you can earn gift cards to popular places like Amazon, Target and iTunes.
Videos can make money!
Much like a blog, you can make money off your content in videos.
Of course, you’ll need to have a knack for videography so you can make videos that people want to watch.
Hint: Viral content is best!
Through your YouTube account, first enable monetization, which means that you have rights to what you upload and can begin the process of making money.
Then, sign up for Google AdSense, which is how you’ll make money.
YouTube and Google AdSense will work together to provide ads on your videos that relate to your niche.
The amount you make depends on how much your videos are viewed, but if you’re good at what you do and keep working at it, you’ll be making money in no time.
Fiverr is one of the coolest marketplaces online, and it is perfect for teens with talent who want to sell their services.
Do you design graphics for websites or edit photos?
If you have any kind of computer talent that you can sell for $5, this place can make you some money fast.
You can create your “gig” starting at $5.
Then, you can choose to add on extra services for more money. So, someone can order a $50 project from you.
Just make sure you’re charging enough for your services.
Think about how long it would take you to finish the project and figure out a good hourly rate for it.
Then, you can figure out how much to charge.
Sell your stuff!
With adult supervision, you can sell things you no longer need (or cool stuff you find at thrift stores or yard sales!) when you’re 13 years old. Just remember that you’ll need a parent’s permission to use their account.
Do you have a bunch of old books from school you don’t need? You can sell those too! (Obviously not your school’s textbooks – they’d frown upon that!).
Bookscouter lets you find the best prices for your books so you can choose where to sell them to make the most money.
And, Swap lets you sell old clothes.
Although they need to be in good condition free from tears, stains, pet fur, etc., you can sell your gently-used clothes on Swap’s marketplace. Send in a box and Swap does all the hard work of checking clothes, sorting them, and taking photos. You just need to set your prices and wait for them to sell.
If you’re creative, but not quite in a computer sense, you can sell your crafts on Etsy. Etsy lets people sell handmade items like clothing, jewelry, accessories, paintings, etc.
Are you a photography enthusiast? Instead of letting your hobby go to waste, sell your photos! There are plenty of websites that will pay for your photos for use as stock photography for websites, presentations, and documents.
Use Facebook Groups
Facebook groups are a great way to find out what others need.
Spend some time in local Facebook groups, like job search groups or buying and selling groups.
Often, others will post about things they’re looking to buy or services that they need.
You may be able to find the perfect opportunity to earn some cash around your neighborhood by finding out what others need online.
And, you could get lucky and have something that someone else wants to buy, like a video game or smartphone.
Sometimes, people need something very specific, like a painting for a gift. If you’re artsy, this is a good way to find people for custom orders.
Just be sure that, if you’re meeting anyone from Facebook, you have a parent or trusted adult go with you and you meet in a public, well-lit location.
If you enjoy writing fiction or articles, there are seemingly endless opportunities for you online to get paid for writing.
These marketplaces list article assignments from clients looking for writers.
With BlogMutt, you’ll pick an assignment to write and wait for approval from the client. If the client likes it, you’ll get paid; if not, he can choose another article and you won’t get paid. If you stick to the client’s guidelines and have proper punctuation, spelling, and grammar, you have much better chances of getting your work accepted.
ClearVoice matches you with clients looking for articles in your area of expertise.
You can apply for an assignment and, if the client picks you, you can write the article. ClearVoice pays quickly via PayPal once your article is accepted.
Editing and Proofreading
This job may be a little more difficult than writing to find jobs for, as most editors and proofreaders need, at least, a high school diploma.
But, if you have some excellent grammar skills, you can still do it at almost any age.
You just have to find the right people willing to hire you!
Perhaps you can start with some of your friends and family?
Ask around to see if anyone needs some help editing school reports or articles for their blog.
You may not be able to get a lot for your work unless you have several people interested in your help, but it can be a great side gig.
Use social media channels to announce your services, and you may be able to pick up some work quickly.
It’s best to set a price per word of edited material rather than an hourly rate for editing.
If you enjoy helping others, why not tutor students?
Enroll lets teenagers tutor other students virtually via its online dashboard.
You’ll have to prove that you’re an expert by tutoring two free sessions to ensure accuracy, but after that, you can start getting paid.
Make an eBook.
eBooks are great for writers to earn a passive income fast.
If you’re a fast writer, you can create a short eBook in a few days to a couple of weeks and sell it on Amazon or your website, if you have one.
Think about something you know a lot about and add information that isn’t common knowledge or easy to find online already.
You’ll want your eBook to contain new information that’s helpful – that’s what will make people buy it! Consider a guide for a video game, a recipe book, or an in-depth analysis of your favorite book.
Put it up on Amazon for $2 to $10, and you could continue making money from a book with no publishing fees or other costs to you (besides Amazon fees, but those come straight out of your profits)!
Start a Blog
A blog is more than just the story of your life.
Bloggers are making legit income by providing valuable information to their readers and monetizing their websites through ads, product reviews, courses, and more.
As a teenager with a full-time school schedule, you may not be able to make huge profits from a blog, but you can absolutely make enough for extra cash.
If you don’t know how to start a blog, there are plenty of easy-to-follow tutorials online.
Once you have it up and running, sign up for Google AdSense, which will help you make money by placing advertisements on your website.
When people visit your site and click the ads, you’ll make money!
You can also get paid by blogging networks to create blog posts that focus on a product, service, or company.
This list of blogging networks all pay money for you to craft blog posts!
Get Paid to Watch Ads
You can also make money watching advertisements through JingIt, an online platform that pays you to watch videos and click on ads from its partners.
Bonus: JingIt also gives you cash back on purchases of participating products!
Listen to Music
Did you know that you can make money online simply by listening to music, something you probably already do anyway?
You will help to give new artists feedback on their music.
But, make sure you give detailed reviews or you won’t get paid.
The purpose is to provide relevant feedback and constructive criticism.
You can get paid between 5 and 20 cents for each music review, so the more you do, the higher your earnings (and the better your reviews, the more you have a chance to earn!).
My Likes is a unique and fun way to earn some money, all by sharing what you love! When you sign up for My Likes, you’ll get a free social website, which is basically a site to share with your friends or followers on social media.
When you bring traffic to your social website and generate active engagement from your followers, you’ll earn money. Basically, you’re providing advertising for the brands who sign up to share their content on My Likes.
Qmee is a background application that runs as you shop and search online.
You can use Amazon, Google, Yahoo, and Bing to search or shop for things you would buy or search for anyway.
Qmee will then provide you with relevant results on the side of your screen and you’ll get paid when you click on those results, since they’re from advertisers looking for more exposure for their products.
You can also earn some extra money with Qmee surveys.
Sell Video Game Accounts
Yes, you can actually get paid for playing video games! Some websites let you sell your video game accounts, as long as it’s permitted by the video game terms of service (so, have a parent help you check this out!).
League of Trading is a game account marketplace for you to sell your game accounts with leveled-up characters.
Get your parent’s permission to create an account, and you can start making money off your gaming skills.
Volt sometimes has openings for video game testers.
Its blog specifies that you’ll be actively testing video games rather than playing them, but that your skills can absolutely lead to other positions in the industry!
Design or Create Stuff
Do you like to draw or work with web designs?
You could join CafePress and design some t-shirts or other goodies to sell!
Here, you’ll use the web-based designer to come up with fun graphics or text to put on t-shirts, mugs, and more.
You don’t have to keep any inventory. Just make the design and place products in your virtual store.
Others can even just purchase your design to put on other products they choose.
CafePress takes care of placing your design on the products, shipping them, and paying you, acting like the middleman between you and the customer.
This is a great form of passive income because you can keep making money whenever someone purchases your design and products.
Other options for design-to-sell websites include:
- Lulu – Lulu lets you sell different forms of media you create, like books or CDs.
- Spreadshirt – Create your own shirts and accessories to sell!
- Tastebook – Create cookbooks from your own recipes (or your parents!) to sell.
- Tee Spring – Another place to design t-shirts and hoodies to sell.
- Zazzle – Make everything from totes to shirts using the web-based designer.
Become a Voiceover Talent
Voices.com lets you make money for your voice!
This site helps voiceover talent, from kids to teens to adults, find work by matching their skills with clients who need them.
You can sign up and browse for jobs that interest you and are within your set of skills.
There are no age requirements to sign up, since some clients look specifically for kids and teens to do their jobs.
And, each job is usually worth at least $100!
Online Jobs for 14 Year Olds And Up
In addition to the jobs for 13-year-olds, these websites will pay teens 14 and older!
- SpringBoard America (review) has surveys and discussions to participate in that focus on brands, products, and services. You receive Survey Dollars to redeem for a bank deposit or Visa.
- Survey Savvy pays you $5 per month for installing the SavvyConnect app on your internet-connected devices, plus money for surveys and referrals.
- American Consumer Opinion lets you occasionally test new products in addition to taking surveys. Pays via check.
- MyView will pay you to share your opinions on products and services, although the amount of pay or rewards isn’t specified on its website.
- YouGov has frequent surveys available that focus on today’s important You trade in your points for gift cards.
“Get Paid To” Websites
- Treasure Trooper pays you $1 just to join, and rewards you through offers, surveys, referrals and more. You can also request an instant payment when you reach $20!
- Points2Shop (review) has several rewards to choose from when you download apps, complete surveys, play games, refer friends, and more.
What could be more fun than getting paid to babysit kids?
You can register your profile on Care.com with the help of a trusted adult and then search for parents in your area who are looking to hire a babysitter.
You’ll have to pass a background check for safety purposes.
Once you find children to babysit, your families can pay you through Care.com and you can set your prices.
You’ll then be eligible for extra benefits, like health insurance discounts on travel expenses and entertainment!
SEO Clerk is like a freelance marketplace for those with Search Engine Optimization skills.
If you know how to create SEO-worthy content and optimize websites with best SEO practices, you can join SEO Clerk at 14 years old, with a parent’s permission, to sell your services.
Amazon Mechanical Turk
Amazon Mechanical Turk requires you to be 14 years old to join.
This site is all about microtasking. In other words, you’ll be doing small tasks to earn money.
You may not be able to do each kind of task available, as some require special skills to complete.
But, you can always browse through the tasks to find ones you can do well, and fast, to make more money.
Most tasks only pay a few cents each, but they’re quick to do.
This guide to the best Amazon Mechanical Turk tasks will help you decide what ones may be worth your time and what ones to avoid.
And, you also might want to check out some of the most popular Amazon MTurk alternative sites that will pay you, too!
Online Jobs for 15 Year Olds And Up
If you’re 15 years old and looking for online jobs, check out all the listings for 13 and 14-year-olds that you are eligible for.
Then, consider these websites that allow 15-year-olds to register and make money:
- Panel Polls (review) lets you tell companies what you think about their ideas, products, and services and pays you cash. Almost every survey is worth at least $1.
- Paid ViewPoint pays you for a limited number of surveys per money, but your pay per survey increases if you have a good TraitScore, which is the measurement it uses to calculate your honest and consistency when answering questions.
- Valued Opinions lets you trade your reward vouchers for prizes like gift cards to Amazon and iTunes.
- Survey Club offers surveys and longer, paid studies that can earn you more money.
- Hiving provides survey opportunities from global brands and sometimes has products to test. You can earn extra rewards from lotteries, competitions, and quizzes.
- Mindfield Online (review) has 5-10 minute surveys with cash value. Once you earn at least $5, you can cash out via check or PayPal.
AppBounty is a mobile app for iOS and Android that gives you credits to download free apps to your mobile device.
It provides rewards in the form of Amazon and iTunes gift cards, or Xbox Live and PS Network points.
Online Jobs for 16 Year Olds And Up
When you turn 16 years old, more opportunities arise for part-time online jobs, since this is the age many teens get their first jobs and are legal working age for hourly wages.
In addition to the previously mentioned jobs, here are more online jobs that 16-year-olds qualify for.
- Ipsos (review) is one of the most popular survey It pays in I-Say points that you can redeem for popular products and other rewards. Ipsos has a loyalty program to reward its most active members with extra points for quicker redemption of rewards.
- MySurvey (review) pays between $1 and $5 for each survey. You can also take surveys from its mobile app. Rewards are in the form of gift cards, money, and various products.
- Opinion Square turns your points for surveys into prizes, cash, or entries into big cash
Direct Sales Opportunities
You know those Tupperware parties and LuLaRoe shops that your mom does? Well, there are some similar sales opportunities that you can even do as a teen!
More direct sales companies are catching on to bringing teens aboard their sales teams.
Well, because teens can do it well, and they can appeal to a younger market, which opens up doors to more sales and more interest!
You need to have some sales skills, obviously, to do well at these jobs.
But, if you’re outgoing and have no problem meeting new people and pushing your favorite products, then this is a good opportunity for you to earn some cash in your spare time.
And, it can be really fun!
Here are a few companies that allow teens to join (with parental permission, of course):
- Avon – This company sells everything from skincare and cosmetics to toys and clothing. It only costs $25 to start your business!
- Gel Moment – A fun company that sells skincare and nail products.
- NuSkin – This skincare company lets you sign up as a distributor for $35.
- Origami Owl – The popular locket and charm company has an Origami Owlettes program that allows kids and teens starting at age 12 to join!
- Perfectly Posh – This is a skincare company that offers sales opportunities for teens, and you can join for just $99.
Uhaul Reservation Sales Agent
If you have great customer service skills, you can become a Uhaul Reservation Sales Agent.
For this job, you’ll be answering customer’s questions or helping them make a Uhaul reservation.
This is a part-time job with bonuses and other benefits, and you can make between $12 and $14 per hour, depending on minimum wage in your state.
You need to be at least 16 years old and able to work legally in the United States.
You’ll also need a working computer that meets Uhaul’s requirements and a USB headset.
It’s not as flexible as others, but it’s a good option for teenagers who want to work a set schedule after school.
With SameSpeak, you’ll teach English to foreign students as a personal conversation coach.
You can earn $30 per hour from two sessions here!
Perk is a mobile rewards program that pays you to watch videos, take quizzes, play scratch card games, and more.
Simply download the app to your Android or iOS phone and begin earning points to redeem for prizes or cash rewards.
If you’re an awesome, detailed note taker for your school classes, you can earn money selling your notes to other students on StudySoup!
You get paid a base pay plus commission on the notes you sell.
StudySoup calculates your base pay according to factors like length and topic.
Once you have $25 in your account, you can cash out.
Reward TV is a great place to earn some extra money playing fun trivia games based on your favorite TV shows.
Although anyone over the age of 13 can join, the television shows the trivia games are based on are better suited toward teens 16 years old and up.
Content Gather is a marketplace for content writers to sell their articles to those looking for content.
If you’re an awesome writer who knows how to optimize articles for the web, this can be an excellent way to earn income.
Your articles must be at least 250 words and they must be approved by a Content Gather editor before they’ll be placed on the marketplace.
The thing that makes Content Gather really have an edge on other content marketplaces is that it pays you 20% of your asking price immediately upon approval, so you always have some money even if it takes your article awhile to sell!
Online Jobs for 17 Year Olds And Up
17-year-olds get to explore some more unique online job opportunities in addition to all those that have been listed in this article!
You know when you’re on a call with a company and you hear a voice telling you the call will be recorded for quality purposes?
Well, you can be one of the reviewers of those types of calls and get paid for it through Humanatic.
Humanatic requires its reviewers to listen carefully to a call and answer a series of questions after the call, like whether the problem was solved and if the agent was friendly.
Most of its calls come in between 8 am and 7 pm through the week, but you can choose to work whatever hours you want. You’ll need a PayPal account to get paid, and you can cash out once you’ve made $10.
Ibotta is one of the most unique and easy ways to make some extra money.
Basically, Ibotta pays you to shop.
Check the app before you go to your favorite stores and you’ll see what kind of rewards are being offered as cash back on specific products.
You may find some things you were going to buy anyway and you can get anywhere from a few cents to a few dollars per offer.
And, new users get $10 just for signing up! You can cash out your rewards via PayPal, Venmo, or gift cards.
Global Test Market is a paid survey website for older teens and adults that lets you cash out rewards like PayPal and Kohl’s gift cards.
If you enjoy playing video games, you can actually make money for it on YouTube! People subscribe to YouTube gamers’ channels to watch recordings of them playing games. Recordings can help players walk through certain obstacles of the game or simply provide some entertainment.
Before you begin uploading your videos, set up your YouTube account to enable monetization, which is what will make you money off your subscribers and views.
If you gain viral popularity, you can bring in some serious income just by playing your favorite games and sharing your videos with other games.
With parental permission, you can sign up to become a tutor for StudyPool.
Once you’re accepted, you can browse all open questions in over 30 subjects for ones that you can answer. You’re given a chance to bid on the question, and the student who asked will choose a tutor from the list of bids.
If you’re chosen, you’ll complete the question by the deadline and send it back to the student. He approves it, and you get paid!
As you build your reputation, you can qualify for more questions and better-paying jobs. Payments are made via PayPal.
High Paying Jobs for Teenagers Online?
It can be hard to find high paying jobs for teenager online because high pay rates typically come from steady on-the-books employment.
For teenagers, this type of job is difficult because of a restricted schedule.
However, you still can earn some good money by mixing some of these options together to figure out a combination that works well with your schedule and brings in some steady cash.
Note to Parents
Most online jobs for teens will allow your kids to sign-up with a Gmail account, Facebook or Twitter Accounts.
Payments are usually via gift card, PayPal or in some cases by check and almost all have a minimum payout amount.
As the minimum age for a PayPal account is 18, your teens may need assistance in getting their hard earned money out.
Paypal Age Limit – 18+ years old
Teaching the values of money from an early age will set your teens up for a successful life, and the tough grind of earning money online will help them to appreciate what they already have.
Encouraging your children to look for the best-paying jobs for teens, as this will give them a purpose, a sense of independence and hopefully they’ll be a little more productive with their time.
Online jobs for teens is the new lemonade stand so avoid being the parent that won’t allow your kids to earn money online.
And despite what you hear in the news, 99% of the Internet isn’t such a bad place to hang out.
These are legit online jobs and as long as you’ve taught your kids good values in life, they’ll know when to avoid a Scam, perhaps even better than you.
- 20 Places to Sell Handmade Crafts Online (Some Are FREE!)
- 20 Best Legit Jobs for Introverts – Make Money the Introverted Way!
- Best Free Online Surveys – Top 12 Legit High Paying Sites
- Real Ways to Earn Money Online: How to Make Money Online Today
- 24 Work at Home Blogs of 2012
Join Global Test Market, one of the few faithful and honest survey panels and earn cash - paid via PayPal - gift cards for Amazon, Best Buy, iTunes, Starbucks, and Walmart, plus Retail e-vouchers.
Global Test Market focuses on paid surveys where it works with some of the leading global brands to provide (mostly!) interesting, relevant surveys.
They rewarded USD $32 Million+ to their worldwide members in 2014.