It’s a common misconception that you need a college degree or loads of experience to fulfill your dream of working from home.
- SwagBucks: Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more to earn real money. Join Swagbucks Now to Get $5 Free
- Vindale Research: Earn rewards by doing nothing more than sharing your experience of using the internet. Join Vindale Research Now
- InboxDollars: Has so far paid its members over $40 Million. Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Join InboxDollars Now and Get Free $5
- PanelPayDay: $1 to $25 to take online surveys, $30 to $100 for Participating in a Focus Group. Join PanelPayDay Now
This couldn’t be further from the truth. Plenty of companies hire people to work from home starting out with an entry level position, no experience needed.
With that being said, there are, of course, some skills you may need that can help you get hired for, and excel at, certain positions.
To work from home, you generally need to be hard-working, motivated, a multi-tasker, and a self-starter.
But, as far as needing professional skills?
That’s not always necessary.
Think about the skills and experience you do have, regardless of the industry they’re in.
Use them to your advantage when you apply for jobs.
Chances are, you are skilled in a lot more than you think!
Finding Entry Level Work from Home Jobs
The following companies are known to hire remote employees for entry level positions.
Please note that they may not be currently hiring, but you can continue to check their websites for openings.
- Arise – Work as a chat or phone agent providing customer service for Arise clients. Must start your own call center business, which will incur some fees, plus background check fee of $7.95. However, no experience is necessary and pay ranges between $9 and $14 per hour, depending on client.
- MyLivePro (review) – Work as a Live Chat Agent if you’re at least 18 years old, live in the continental United States, and can pass a background check. Like its Facebook page to stay up-to-date with job openings.
- Needle (review) – Help online customers find the perfect products and earn points to redeem for rewards, including cash cards.
- SiteStaff (review)– Work as a Chat Host for websites in need of live chat agents. Search Craigslist for current openings, or you can submit an application on its website.
- TeleTech@Home (review)– Hires associates to cover customer service projects for its clients. You’ll get paid training, so no experience is necessary. Schedule depends on the needs of the project, as does pay, which ranges between $9 and $11 per hour.
- Televated (review)– Offers several work at home positions, like e-mail response, live chat, and appointment setting.
- The Chat Shop – Native-level English and excellent computer knowledge needed, but no requirements for experience. Must be able to work 35-40 hours per week. Pay is said to be $10 per hour to start.
Read More: Top 22 Email & Online Chat Jobs from Home
Data Entry Jobs
- SigTrack – Get paid to process voter registrations and petitions. Your pay is based on accuracy, and you’ll receive money with PayPal.
- The Smart Crowd – A branch of Lionbridge, The Smart Crowd pays you to complete small data entry tasks. Pay depends on task and you’ll receive your profits once per month.
- Crisp Thinking – You can fill out a quick application to apply for a job as a freelance moderator with Crisp Thinking. Hires all over the world, but you must choose your available time slots in UK time.
- ICUC (review) – If you live in the United States or Canada, you can work as an at-home social media moderator with training provided by ICUC.
- LiveWorld (review) – Hires customer service agents and moderators to work from home, no experience required. Must be 18 and authorized to work in the US.
- Mod Squad – Mod Squad offers flexible moderation jobs where you can gain experience working with some of the largest brands. Pay is said to start between $8 and $9 per hour.
Mystery Shopping Jobs
- Call Center QA – If you live in the United States, you can be a telephone mystery shopper for Call Center QA, earning $5 per call and survey you complete.
- Intelicheck – Become a telephone mystery shopper in the US or Canada with a flexible schedule and bi-weekly pay. Must be able to work at least 10 hours per week. Pay averages between $9 and $14 per hour.
- Perception Strategies – Participate in healthcare mystery shops to improve the healthcare industry.
Read More: 6 Telephone Mystery Shopping Jobs
- 1-800-Flowers – The flower delivery company hires agents to work from home providing customer service. Pays $9 per hour.
- Alorica @ Home (review) – Alorica offers paid training for you to work as a call center representative for its clients. Pay ranges between $9 and $10 per hour.
- BSG – BSG hires independent contractors for $8.50 per hour to work shifts between 2 and 6 hours long.
- LiveOps (review) – LiveOps offers flexible schedules for its independent call center agents. Pay varies based on client and project.
- NexRep (review) – Hires independent agents for several positions, including sales and customer support phone agents. Offers flexible hours and pay between $15 and $25.
- Sitel (review)– Agents handle billing inquiries, product orders, technical troubleshooting, and more. You’ll be paid for professional training and eligible for benefits, like 401(k), vacation and holiday pay, and more. Pay is hourly and rate depends on the project and skillset required.
- Sykes (review) – Work as a Customer Service Representative with a flexible schedule. Positions are available in some areas of the United States and Canada. Pay is reported to be about $9 per hour, depending on project.
- U-Haul (review) – U-Haul hires customer service representatives and sales agents to work from home. Customer service experience preferred, but not required. You’ll receive paid training from home.
- Ver-A-Fast (review)– This company hires work from home Customer Service Representatives. All you need is basic typing and computer skills and a quiet, distraction-free work environment.
- Westat (review) – Hires work from home data collectors, and Westat provides training for the job. Pay is reported between $8 and $11 per hour, with bilingual data collectors earning higher wages.
- Working Solutions (review)– Working solutions offers several positions for work at home agents, including phone work for various clients. Hours and pay vary between projects and clients.
- Appen (review) – Appen hires Social Media Evaluators to improve social media news feeds and search results. Flexible schedule between 5 and 20 hours per week. Pay is said to be around $13 per hour.
- iSoftStone (review) – Become a Search Evaluator with iSoftStone. The company pays $13 per hour for you to rate search results. You can usually find its open search evaluator positions on Indeed and Craigslist, rather than on its website.
- Leapforce (review) – Leapforce At Home independent agents evaluate search engine results. Must be 18 years old and work as an independent contractor. Pay is around $13 per hour.
- Lionbridge (review) – As a Personalized Internet Assessor, you’ll be evaluating internet and social media searches. Must live in the United States, own a smart phone, and be an active social media and Google user.
- Maritz Research (review) – Maritz Research hires United States-based workers to conduct telephone research. Pay starts at minimum wage with opportunities for increases.
- ORC International – Conduct telephone research interviews for Fortune 500 companies. Flexible shifts available, and pay starts at $8.75 per hour.
Teaching and Tutoring Jobs
- Cambly – No experience needed to tutor students through Cambly. You’ll help ESL students learn English by chatting with them via video. Pays 17 cents per minute, or up to $10.20 per hour, and you’ll get paid every Monday with PayPal.
- Enroll (review)– You can register as a tutor with Enroll in the subjects of your expertise. Your first two sessions are free to ensure you’re a good fit, but after that, you’ll be paid per session.
- italki – You can register to teach in your areas of expertise on your own schedule with italki. You’ll also set your own prices and can get paid with PayPal.
- Reasoning Mind – Become a tutor with Reasoning Mind if you live in the United States and have a reliable internet connection. Must be available at least 15 hours per week.
- SameSpeak (review) – Teach English to students, no experience necessary. Coaching sessions are 30 minutes each and pay $10.
- Studypool – You can browse through student-posted questions to provide answers. Bid on questions and earn the amount you bid. The better your performance, the more you can make.
- Tutor.com (review)– You can tutor in various subjects, provided you pass the expertise tests. You’ll be an independent contractor and pay varies between complexity of subjects.
Telemarketing and Sales Jobs
- AdviseTech – AdviseTech offers part-time telemarketing positions to those looking for just a few hours of work per week to start. You must sound professional on the phone and be enthusiastic, but no telemarketing experience is required.
- Brighten Communications – Earn up to $18 per hour working the hours you’re available between 8am and 5pm. You’ll be making telemarketing calls on behalf of Brighten Communications’ professional clients.
- Pleio GoodStart (review) – Pleio GoodStart hires Virtual Call Center reps and managers to send medication reminders. It states that call center experience is a plus, but isn’t a requirement. Pay is reported to be between $10 and $15 per hour, but depends on your project.
- NexusOp (review) – You’ll be hired as an independent contractor to provide customer or sales support for NexusOp business clients. Pays a base rate plus commission, with its best earners making between $10 and $25 per hour.
- 1-800-Type-It-Up – This company has experienced transcriptionists, but searches for “new talent” as well. Pay ranges from $36 to $180 per audio hour and pays twice per month with PayPal.
- Accutran Global (review)– Accutran Global advertises its entry level transcriber position for US and Canadian residents. Pays once per month; rate is $0.005 per word with opportunities for pay increases.
- Appenscribe (review) – Must be able to commit to 10 hours per week with Appenscribe, and you’ll get paid about $0.005 per word you transcribe. Pays with PayPal every 2 weeks.
- Babbletype (review) – Pay is said to be about $40 per audio hour with Babbletype. Offers excellent flexibility and pays every Thursday with PayPal.
- CastingWords (review) – This company hires transcriptionists from all over the world. Pay ranges between $0.60 and $1.20 per audio minute, depending on file complexity. Pays every Friday with PayPal.
- GoTranscript (review) – Pays up to 60 cents per audio minute, depending on difficulty of the audio file. Has very little requirements, so it’s great for entry level transcribers. Pays every Friday with PayPal or Payoneer.
- Quicktate (review) – You’ll transcribe several audio types, like voicemails, phone calls, and conference calls. Pays ¼ cent per word for general transcription. You’ll get paid with PayPal every Monday.
- Rev (review) – You’ll get regular feedback from Rev, so it’s good if you’re just starting out with transcription. Pays between 40 and 65 cents per audio minute, with payments issues every week with PayPal.
- Scribie (review) – Scribie has you transcribe short pieces of audio and pays between $5 and $20 per audio hour, depending on the difficulty level. You’ll be eligible for bonuses if you transcribe a lot of audio. You can withdraw to your PayPal account daily.
- Transcribe Team – Offers a flexible schedule with weekly PayPal payments. Pay ranges between $0.40 and $1.25 per audio minute.
- TranscribeMe (review) – Transcribe short audio files and get paid $20 per audio hour. Pays weekly with PayPal.
Virtual Assistant Jobs
- Assistant Match – Assistant Match provides training for its virtual assistants, so you don’t need experience. However, you should have some experience working from a home office.
- Fancy Hands (review) – If you’re good on the phone and completing internet research, you may be perfect for Fancy Hands, which hires virtual assistants to provide tasks to its clients. Pays between $2.50 and $7 for most tasks.
- Vicky Virtual – Vicky Virtual states that phone or virtual assistant experience is a plus, but not required. Pays a flat rate of $10 per hour.
Writing and Editing Jobs
- Article Document (review)– Write articles around your schedule and get feedback from Article Document editors. You’ll earn more the more you write, and can also monetize your social media channels.
- BlogMutt (review) – BlogMutt uses a payment structure based on points you receive from writing assignments. You’ll earn points for writing articles, and more points for each article that’s accepted by a client. The higher your level, the better writing assignments you’ll get, so it’s a good way to gain experience as you move through levels.
- ClearVoice (review) – ClearVoice pays you to write articles for clients. You can search through open opportunities within your areas of expertise, or clients can assign articles to you. You can also choose your optimal pay rate to avoid low-ball offers.
- Content Divas – You’ll have to submit two sample articles to get onboarded with Content Divas as an independent contractor. You’ll start off on a trial period to see if you and the company are a good fit.
- Crowd Content – Become a writer or editor for Crowd Content, a marketplace for clients to find authors for their articles.
- Domainite (review) – Domainite lets you apply for its freelance writer openings to write needed articles for its clients, who are typically small business owners.
- Ezdia – You can mark your skill sets after you are signed up and approved as a writer to find articles that match with your skill sets. Most projects are eCommerce content, but can also include blog posts and technical articles.
- Greatcontent – Greatcontent pays writers between $3 and $37.50 for articles, depending on length and complexity. It’s flexible, so you can write when you’re able.
- Hire Writers (review) – Get paid $20 per article with Hire Writers and work on a flexible schedule. It also hires proofreaders and editors. Pays every week with PayPal.
- Online Writing Jobs – Get paid up to $50 per article writing for brands in the Online Writing Jobs market. The company allows writers from all experience levels.
- Pure Content (review) – You can be a writer or editor for Pure Content. Pay varies between writing assignments.
- Textbroker (review)– Textbroker will assign you a rating based on a sample article you write when you apply. You’ll only be able to write articles for that rating. There are opportunities to move up in ratings and earn more money as you create consistent, excellent content.
- Writer Access (review) – You can browse the Writer Access job board for opportunities that match your areas of expertise. Or, become an editor or translator. Writers earn between $0.014 and $0.07 per word.
Work from Home No Experience Needed with Small Task Jobs and Gigs!
Sometimes, you just need some extra side cash. These websites will pay you for small tasks or gigs. Although they won’t give you full-time income, they’re perfect for bringing in some extra money, and with no experience necessary.
- Amazon MTurk (review) – Get paid to complete small microtasks, like inputting information on a receipt or finding contact e-mail addresses on a website. Transfer your earnings to Amazon gift card or Amazon Payments account.
- Clickworker (review) – Similar to Amazon MTurk, you’ll complete small tasks like data tagging, text creation, or web research. Jobs are payable between 7 and 21 days.
- Fiverr (review) – Create your own gigs for $5, like article writing or web design, and create add-on packages to earn some extra money.
- Humanatic – Get paid to review phone calls, and make more money with higher accuracy levels. Pays with PayPal every week.
- Microworkers – Complete micro jobs, like social media tasks or sign-ups, for online businesses. You can earn more money as you grow your Reputation as a worker. You can transfer to PayPal or other payment methods when you reach at least $9 plus fees.
- PeoplePerHour (review) – Create “Hourlies”, where you can advertise your skills and find people in need of your services. You pick what you want to charge.
- QuickTate / iDictate No Experience Needed
- 30 Best General Transcription Jobs from Home, No Experience Required
- Top 6 Entry Level Medical Transcriptionist Work from Home Jobs
- 30 Best Entry Level Typing Jobs for Beginners
- Work at Home Companies Where You Can Use an Apple Computer
VIPKID is currently looking for online teachers to teach young students in China via video-conferencing. Teachers will earn on average between $14-$22 usd per hour. This opportunity is ideal for teachers looking to supplement their income.
- One (1) school year of traditional teaching experience or the equivalent in mentoring, tutoring, or alternative education
- Bachelor's degree in any field
- Eligibility to work in the US or Canada